Tuesday 9 February 2010

lastminute.com

v44 So you also must be ready, because the Son of Man will come at an hour when you do not expect him.

I remember when I was old enough for my mum and dad to go out and leave me alone in the house. It would only be for a few hours, perhaps for them to go to a meeting, or visit a friend. I would stay playing a game, making music or watching the TV. More often than not they would leave some small chore that needed doing. The washing, clearing the mess I had made or something similar.

It wasn't much to ask. Nonetheless I would generally leave it to the last minute. You know the last minute? In this instance it would be between hearing the car pull up outside and them walking through the front door. It was never long enough and they would soon realise I had forgotten or simply not bothered. I sometimes spot this in my own children now!

Jesus left us with a mission. He said He will return. He didn't say explicitly when. But we know He will return. You can almost 'hear the car pulling up outside'. What a tragedy to find him returning for us to finally attempt the mission He has left for all of us to do. The Great Commission to make disciples across the world.

I don't want to leave it any longer. I want the master to return and find me busy about His business.


No comments:

Post a Comment