Thursday 4 February 2010

My inadequacy is my opportunity

Acts 3:6 Then Peter said, "Silver or gold I do not have, but what I have I give you. In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, walk."

What if Peter had some silver or gold? What an ordinary and uneventful story this would have been. The lame man would have asked for money and Peter could have been generous and given to him. So often when we have the ability to meet a need we see that as our response. And it probably should be. But when we see a need and don't have the means to meet that need we often assume there is nothing I can do, or that it is obviously someone else's "ministry". But maybe my lack is just a chance for God to do something amazing. Maybe my biggest inadequacy is God's greatest opportunity.

No comments:

Post a Comment