Friday 19 March 2010

I found treasure!

Proverbs 18:22 The man who finds a wife finds a treasure, and he receives favor from the Lord.

I have been married for 18 years this Sunday. I have known my wife for 22 years. More than half my life has now been spent with this wonderful woman. The word of God is truth, and nowhere can I see that clearer than Proverbs 18:22. I often wonder what life would be like if I had never met my wife. What a gift I would have missed out on. What a treasure I would have lost.

I know not every marriage is a happy one. I know the statistics about divorce. I cant answer why this isn't everyone's experience. And I can't be complacent that marriages that last a lifetime just happen without any work. But I have a treasure, and I have found favour with the Lord. All God's gifts are good, and none so much as this one.

Thank you Lord.

2 comments:

  1. Aawww That bought tears to my eyes! Love u so much darling. U too are a gift from God that I thank Him for every day! :D Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations you two :-)
    We also thank God every day for our marriage (yes, being married to Roarke IS a blessing, lol). It is indeed a precious treasure.

    ReplyDelete